Invisalign® Orthodontics in Laguna Hills, CA
Discover a New Way to Straighten Your Smile!
Having a perfect smile is something that many people desire, but the thought of traditional metal braces can be daunting. Fortunately, Invisalign® aligners from Löberg Dental Center are a convenient solution that has revolutionized the world of orthodontics. This innovative technology offers a discreet and comfortable way to straighten teeth without metal wires and brackets. Discover how you may benefit from this treatment with our skilled Laguna Hills, CA, dentist, Dr. Leif Löberg.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses a series of clear, removable aligners to straighten teeth. Our Laguna Hills dentist custom designs aligners to fit snugly over your teeth. Your aligners are changed every two weeks to gradually shift your teeth into position. Invisalign is a popular alternative to traditional metal braces and is especially popular among adults who want to straighten their teeth without the noticeable appearance of braces.
Invisalign vs. Metal Braces
Invisalign and metal braces are common orthodontic treatments to straighten teeth and correct bite issues. Here are some of the main differences between Invisalign and metal braces:
- Natural Appearance: Metal braces are made of metal brackets and wires that are visible on the teeth. In contrast, Invisalign aligners are clear and virtually invisible.
- Improved Comfort: Metal braces can cause discomfort and irritation to the mouth and lips, while Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastic and are generally more comfortable to wear.
- Low Maintenance: Metal braces require regular adjustments by an orthodontist, while Invisalign aligners are replaced with a new set every few weeks as the teeth shift.
- No Dietary Restrictions: With metal braces, patients are advised to avoid hard, sticky, and crunchy foods that can damage the brackets and wires. Invisalign aligners can be removed during meals, allowing patients to continue eating their favorite foods.
- Improved Oral Hygiene: Metal braces make it difficult to brush and floss properly, resulting in a higher risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Invisalign aligners are removable, making it easier to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Shortened Treatment Time: Invisalign treatment typically takes less time than metal braces, although this can vary depending on the individual case.
Ultimately, the choice between Invisalign and metal braces depends on the patient's individual needs and preferences. A qualified orthodontist can evaluate each case and recommend the best treatment option for the patient.
Who’s a Candidate for Invisalign?
In general, anyone who has mild to moderate teeth alignment issues can be a candidate for Invisalign. This includes patients:
- With gapped or crooked teeth
- With overbites, crossbites, underbites, etc.
- Who want a discreet orthodontic treatment option
- Willing to commit to wearing the aligners as directed by their orthodontist
- Concerned about the appearance of traditional braces
People who may not be suitable for Invisalign include those with severe teeth alignment issues, those who require other types of orthodontic treatment, and those who may not be committed to following the recommended treatment plan. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Löberg to learn more about your Invisalign candidacy.
The Invisalign Process
Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners that gradually shift your teeth into the desired position. Here is a breakdown of the Invisalign treatment process:
- Consultation: Dr. Löberg will examine your teeth and take X-rays to determine if Invisalign is right for you. They will then create a customized treatment plan that outlines how your teeth will move during treatment.
- Creating the Aligners: After creating your treatment plan, your Laguna Hills dentist will take impressions of your teeth to create custom-made aligners that fit snugly over your teeth.
- Wearing the Aligners: You’ll wear each set of aligners for about two weeks before switching to the next set. You should wear your aligners for at least 22 hours to ensure the best results.
- Checkups: Your orthodontist will monitor your progress every six to eight weeks to ensure your teeth are moving as planned.
- Completion: Once you have completed your treatment, Dr. Löberg will provide a retainer to help maintain your new smile.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of Invisalign?
The cost of Invisalign can vary depending on several factors, such as the case complexity, the length of treatment, and the location. Consult a licensed orthodontist to get an accurate estimate for your specific case. You should also contact your dental insurance provider to learn more about your plan’s coverage.
Is Invisalign better than braces?
Whether Invisalign is better than traditional braces depends on the individual case. Invisalign is an ideal option for mild to moderate cases, but for more complex cases, traditional braces may be the best option. Invisalign is typically more comfortable, less visible, and can be removed for eating and cleaning. However, traditional braces may be more effective for more severe cases and can be used to correct a range of orthodontic issues.
Does Invisalign permanently straighten your teeth?
While Invisalign can effectively straighten teeth, results are only permanent if you take preventive measures. Teeth can shift over time, especially if you fault o wear retainers after treatment. To maintain the results of Invisalign, follow the aftercare instructions provided by your orthodontist.
Are there any risks of Invisalign?
As with any orthodontic treatment, there are some risks associated with Invisalign. Some potential side effects include tooth decay, gum irritation, and temporary discomfort during the adjustment period. To minimize any potential risks, it’s essential to choose a licensed orthodontist and follow their instructions.
Start Your Journey to a Straighter, Healthier Smile with Invisalign
If you're looking to straighten your teeth and achieve a healthier smile, Invisalign may be the right treatment option for you. If you're interested in Invisalign treatment, schedule a consultation with Dr. Löberg by calling our Laguna Hills, CA, office at (949) 586-1930 to learn more about your options and see if Invisalign is right for you. We proudly serve patients in Laguna Beach and Laguna Niguel.
You can also book an appointment online by filling out our contact form. With Invisalign, you can start your journey to a straighter, healthier smile with confidence.